Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Discuss-ting

So the really cool thing about SKYPE is that it's free for anyone using the internet version. I have this personally, but I never really thought about using this educationally. I did this tool in two days. I researched about a week ago and signed up for it before I did my debrief on them today. In signing up my profile became searchable to all other teacher-like people on the net. I was actually approached by another teacher that is half way around the US to participate in a a project. I really eager to take "virtual field trips" to show students that an in-person session does not have to be face to face. I could really see myself leading students to create simple teaching tools that can help the other persons classroom and vice versa. I don't have an example.


I am actually really excited about this Wallwisher thing. I just want to know how easy it would be for people to actually use though. Any thoughts? Think this would be great in stations for students to learn something and then post their thoughts or create their own sticky and place a debatable topic and have students place their explanation sticky where they agree.

1 comment: